The Parliamentary Chambers (Sejm)
- Opening hours until April 30th, 2018
- Opening hours from May 2nd, 2018
- Tickets and reservations
- The Interiors of the Castle and its surroundings
- Permanent Exhibitions
- Temporary Exhibitions
- How to get to the Castle
- Castle Essentials
- The Museum Shop
- The Royal Castle in Warsaw
- Virtual tour
- Regulations for visitors
The Parliamentary Chambers are located in the east wing, on the first floor. As early as in the second half of the seventeenth century, the Deputies Chamber was transferred here from its former ground-floor location in the same wing, facing the Vistula River, as was the Senators' Chamber during the reign of Augustus III.
It was here that the Constitution was enacted on 3 May 1791. The interiors were destroyed after the fall of the November Uprising and it has now been reconstructed based on earlier drawings. The royal throne and fragments of the backdrop and canopy are original. The throne was reconstructed according to a design by Andrzej Grzybowski, and the painted decorations are the work of Andrzej Bertrandt. The armchairs and chairs for the senators and ministers have been arranged strictly according to the rules of etiquette governing the proceedings of the Polish Sejm.